Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Updates

Whew this is the first week of school for the kids, so it seems I am taking another week long break getting the kids ready for school. School started today for my oldest daughter and tommorrow for my youngest - her very first day of preschool! Yes I am having a bit of a breakdown! My busy schedule this week at least is helping me forget! :-)




OK now for some good news! I am currently in a juried exhibit at the sharon Art Center Gallery in Peterborough, NH and won "Juror's Choice" for my piece "Magritte's Window." That was a huge surprise!

Then I also found out that my piece "Light Vanity" was juried into the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club 111th Annual Open Exhibition at the National Arts Club, New York, NY. The show runs in October.

The pair to that piece, "Night's Agents" was juried into the International Guild of Realism’s Third Annual Juried Exhibition held at the Scottsdale Fine Art gallery in January 2008. I'm terribly excited about this one as the work of the guild members is phenominal and also my aunt lives in Scottsdale so I'm hoping she can make the show! :-)

& in September my piece Fiesta Orange will be in the United Kingdom Coloured Pencil Society's Annual Open International Exhibition 2007. Patchings Art Centre, Calverton Nottingham, UK.
Yes I am terribly excited!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve all that recognition! I'm so glad I got to know you on the cruise and hope to run into you again....another cruise? Nicole, can you tell me where you get your frames? I have a few pieces that I'm finishing and I'll send you the pictures so you can see what enthusiasm you generated for the pastelboard. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

wow Nicole you got into Winter exhibition of IGOR ! Congrats and all the wonderful news.

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Congratulations Nicole! I'm so proud of you!!
:)

Unknown said...

Thanks!!

Hi Deb! Well I got the frames from pictureframes.com, their called plein aire - BUT - they are backordered until November!!

I just ordered some from Jerry's Artarama that look like the same frames. Fingers Crossed! They only have the standard sized ones though - no custom sizes.

df said...

wow, this drawing is really fantastic! everything about it is exciting.