Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Hampshire Primary


Here's what our town Of Keene New Hampshire looked like on primary day. With record high temperatures, we were covered with fog for most of the day.

I have been absent still.... because I was helping out with the New Hampshire primary or going to see as many candidates I could see in person. On Sunday, I actually went to see 3 candidates in one day! Now that it is over, I think I am finally clear to do my artwork again!

Besides listening to what the candidates had to say, I was busy snapping photos of them. Between my photos and my Friend's' photos, I could make a portrait of each of them from both parties. I'm actually trying to think of how I could include them in one of my still-lifes. Just one of course, I don't want to be a political artist!

Here's some photos my friend Dan White took of his favorite candidate Barack Obama. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fugitiveblue/sets/72157603540307401/show/ Even if you are not an Obama fan, you will think these photos are artfully done. Not only do they show what a good photographer my friend Dan is and how photogenic Obama is, it shows how much access New Hampshire gets to the candidates.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your experience of the NH primary. I really enjoyed it and sent my SIL the link to the Obama pics that Dan White took.

Kudos to you for being part of the process!

Unknown said...

To be fair - it was a lot of fun to be part of the process. I am so lucky to live where this happens. :) I hope your sis likes the pictures!