Thursday, May 7, 2009

Keene Art Stroll Today!



I will be part of the Keene Art Stroll today from 5-7.

Keene Art Stroll is Keene's answer to gallery night.  Pick up a flier in businesses downtown or in yesterday's Spotlight section of the Sentinel. It lists all the shops downtown that have artwork displayed, a map,  and regular hours you can see artwork during the month. Read about it here in the Keene Sentinel

My artwork will be in 3 locations for art stroll:

1. First and foremost at the Monadnock Fine Art Gallery, 99 Main Street. Mary Iselin is the featured artist of the month but my work is always there as well as many other  artists. The gallery is such an inviting space and is filled with a variety of artwork and styles - the biggest bang for the buck in Art Stroll. At the gallery you can see one of my newest pieces "Spring Flowers" as well as my infamous Obama portrait and other still-lifes. 

2. I have a small show along with Brian Jenkins at Primeroast further down Main Street. This is the first time I've seen Brian's still-lifes in person and they are fabulous. Actually his website does not do them justice at all. I have 8 pieces there including my portrait Zen and others. 

3. Lastly, I am opening up my studio at 17 Roxbury Street (down the hall from Mom's Tattoos) where I work and teach classes and workshops. Come by and chat with me and see some works in progress and the tools of the trade. 

This is the second Art Stroll which is likely to become a monthly event; next month excluded for our annual Art Walk. I am the only artist opening their studio during the stroll, but hopefully other artists with downtown studios will jump on board in later strolls. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drats, I left NH a week too early! Wish you much success in the art walk today! Pam

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come up to Keene for the Art Stroll, but The Gardner Area League of Artists Is opening their Spring Show tonight. Best of luck, I hope you sell lots of art!