Wednesday, June 16, 2010

butterflies and roses

I am honored to have been asked by Ann Kullberg to jury her annual online members colored pencil show. Please take a looksee at it on her site:


It was REALLY hard to pick winners!!



I thought my vase was way too big for the next still-life I am doing so I played a bit in photoshop. Of course I'll fix things when I draw it, but above are the two reference photos to compare. I plan on starting it tonight as I just got a bunch of my beloved Fisher 400 paper mounted to some gatorboard from Creative Encounters (my favorite frame shop). 

Anyway I can't wait to start - it will be 8 x 10" only, so it will be a sweet little piece, I hope. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Nicole. I would think it would be very hard to pick winners from the beautiful works. I popped in early this morning to look at all the entries.
I would love to have entered...I don't feel my CP work is up to the standard yet but I am working hard to get there.

Best Wishes with the show.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

I have long admired your beautiful work. I feel honored that you picked my piece as one of the winners. Thank you so much for your kind words as well. All the best.

KKincaid

Marilyn Harness said...

It might be difficult but you have the cridentials to do it.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Especially when they all deserve medals.

Marilyn h