Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dramatic Portraits in Colored Pencil
an ebook by Nicole Caulfield

I've written an ebook that describes the process that I use to create my portraits in colored pencil on Fisher 400 paper. I am sharing this with you free of charge. Just click the link to the left to open the .pdf file. A little warning it is unedited so you will have to bear with any typos or weird wording. :-) I also did not quite finish the very end... the images are there on the steps but not the words. I think I will get that done someday. I hope the book proves helpful! 




 










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the free ebook!

B. J. Adams Art said...

A very useful book full of clear explanations and information that I will come back to. I may add more Polychrome pencils and try this, different than I have used, sanded paper.

Thank you!

B. J. Adams Art said...

A very useful book full of clear explanations and information that I will come back to. I may add more Polychrome pencils and try this, different than I have used, sanded paper.

Thank you!

Alejandro Martinez said...

Thank you very much Nicole, from San Juan, Argentine.

Alejandro Martinez said...

Thank you very much Nicole. From San Juan, Argentina.

Unknown said...

Very interesting book indeed ! I really think it is though I do not draw portraits. that's why I wanted to ask: for your still lives, do you proceed the same way ( monochrome under painting + glaze colors ) ? I think it is not that easy since you cannot limit your first pallet to 5 tones and the paper and brand of pencils you use are different as well..
Anyway, thanks again for sharing these precious information!

Shuma

M J Muir said...

Dear Nicole - Thank you so much for this wonderful gift book filled with your talent and skill and wisdom! You are so generous! THANK YOU.
I have been following your blog for years. You are an inspiration to artists. Keep drawing!

M J Muir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.