Friday, March 16, 2007

St. Patricks Day Workshop!

St. Patricks Day Workshop!





Despite the "Wintry Mix" forecast for tomorrow, I will be having a "Skyscape" workshop tomorrow Sat. March 17th at Artworks 30 Washington St, in Keene, NH 1-4. Call the Moving Company for more information 357-2100. You can sign up at the time of the workshop or call ahead of time. You don't NEED any supplies but i would suggest bringing a battery powered or plug-in pencil sharpener and a sampling of "sky" colored colored pencils to work with. Paper can be purchased from me tomorrow. We're going to try out some non-toxic solvent to melt our colored pencils and swish around the pigments with brushes... fun fun fun!

Oh and we were talking about solvents in my last post. I found one that sounds just like Zest-It that is made in PA. If anyone has tried it, let us know how you like it! It's called Citrus Solvent: http://www.realmilkpaint.com/citrus.html



No new artwork today. I'm having a bit of a slump this week not feeling very motivated to work on a new piece. I did that one little "Painted Cup" this week and that's it. I don't know what it is, but when I finish a piece that is large for me, I need a bit of a break afterwards. Plus I've had a bunch of no-fun stuff to do this week I did the taxes, sent in the paperwork and slides to 3 juried shows, and I assembled and sent in my resume for a full-time art teaching job.

No comments: