Saturday, June 9, 2007

the Golden Pear

This is 8" x 10" on Pastelbord. I'll be back to my favorite format (6 x 18") for the next one! I scanned it in so it is doing something weird to the edges and the grain appears larger - but oh well it AGAIN gives you an idea of what it looks like.

I just was inspired looking through my latest copy of Pottery Barn. I know its not a magazine - its a catalog - but I can thumb through it just as long. For summer they have all the beach gear displayed and along with it was a little grouping of light green/aqua/light blue bottles that would look so good in my favorite format with a couple of white seashells. Well now I guess I have something to hunt for at the thrift stores and garage sales where I get most of my still-life models.
I'm on a roll with these drawings but unfortunately I have to take a break tonight and fold some of this laundry that is accumulating. I've been putting it through the washer and dryer but not folding it and putting it away. Back to drawing tommorrow!

1 comment:

Belinda Lindhardt said...

oooh beautiful nicole i just love the colours :)

how do you find the derwents ? are you making a switch ?