Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Beach Glass

Here's the beginning of the second beach inspired still-life. This is what I managed to get done today but the ball is still not finished. It is soooo frustrating to do with all the detail but the detail is what makes it the focal point in this composition so I couldn't skimp on it. The ball isn't finished yet - I still have soe details like thinning up some of the netting and adding a bit more raggedness to it like at the top.

The ball was one of those overlapping systems problems. I'm not sure how to explain what I mean but you had the glass ball with its reflection, lit side and shaded side which pretty much follows a simple sphere idea. Then you had the netting and its shadows that hit the ball and the nettings own systems of highlights shadows etc. Then you had the netting on the other side of the ball showing through as well as a bit of the tabletop and background! I know what you're thinking - draw what you see but I also know you know its not as simple as that! :-)

So were going to the fireworks in town tonight and bbq and a little street party/parade for the kids so no work tommorrow! Have a good fourth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much work you get done! The beach picture is looking real good- the ball looks great so far. I'm going to send you a scan of my attempts on Ampersand. Anyway, you inspire me!

Unknown said...

Love to see them Deborah!

Unknown said...

Love to see them Deborah!