Tuesday, July 10, 2007


To say that I am influenced by Giorgio Morandi would be an undestatement. I thought I only wanted to do pen and ink crosshatching for the rest of my life because of a tiny little image I saw of his in my drawing 101 course in college. His work seems so simple - but its not. I just love his use of negative shapes.
So I thought I'd just put a few images here of his and hopefully you can see how my work is influenced by them. :)

& then here is something fun. I've never seen any of his images that weren't bottles, boxes or bowls and I found a small shell piece by him. & what did I just finish working on? A little shell piece. I did it as a kit for Ann Kullberg's site, which if there aren't any snags, will be available soon for purchase. Its done on tan Pastelbord and is 5" x 7". Sorry for such a small pic, but this is just a sneak peak!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
I've been watching your posts on Scribbletalk. I thought I'd look at your blog. I, too, am a fan of Morandi. I love his deceptive simplicity. I enjoy your work and am impressed by your production.
Peggy Stermer-Cox