Monday, July 9, 2007


This is the first time I added steam! It just needed something in that open space behind the tea and I didn't want another object. I was worried about the composition thinking it would be weird with the flowers cut off but I'm pretty happy with it. The teacup is the obvious focal point with the steam and extra contrast. Also the eye seems to travel out with the flowers and tea pot sput but comes back in with the pitcher on the right and go right back to the tea.

Ooh as I'm writing this the buzz buzz buzz national weather service has just issued a severe thunderstorm warning. Amazing I'm not unloading groceries from the car as that's where I usually am during storms! Its been storming pretty much all day and is sticky hot outside while I've been happily sitting at the kitchen table drawing right next to the air conditioner in the window.... bliss...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

leave your cable cancelled! We cancelled ours 15 years ago. You won't believe how productive you can become!

"Your voyeur neighbor across the street"

Unknown said...

OK this is the funniest comment I've ever had because I'm not sure which neighbor this is - B or F? You both live across the street and have cancelled your cable! I know F looks at my blog but don't know if B does!

Anonymous said...

Oooh pretty!

I don't have any fancy art things to say because you got all the artsy genes in the family.

~Sis

Anonymous said...

Here's a hint:

We spend about $30 a week at video headquarters! In fact, my (ex) wife and I are both (independantly) are in the top 50 customers at Video HQ!! I'm sure you know who I am now!

Unknown said...

Yep the mystery is solved!

Oh you know what to say Sis! I've seen you at an art fair!