Friday, October 19, 2007

Keene, NH Pumpkin Festival Tommorrow


I haven't done more on the giant piece except for toning down the color in the background and stretching it all the way to the right so I won't bother with an updated post of that.

All day today I've been getting ready for the Keene, NH Pumpkin Festival tomorrow. Our little town of 30,000 people have a festival every year with thousands of lit jack-olanterns (over 24,000 last year) and even more people strolling the streets looking at them (80,000 people last year attended the festival). Needless to say it is a favorite family day of the year. So today we carved loads of pumpkins, painted some, and I made a princess cape for my daughter. Now we're making gingerbread leaf cookies to bring to the school I teach I at tomorrow.

I won't bore you with all 6 of the pumpkins we made, but I will show you all my silly Hedwig/Harry Potter pumpkin. It has to be a jack-o-lantern to be included in the count so I drilled holes around the sides and back for the light to come through.

So no drawing tomorrow either! We'll be at the festival most of the day and then back at night to see them lit up!

No comments: