I did a piece with water and lemons for an upcoming water themed show in November and put it in the gallery thinking if it sold, I'll make another for the water show. Well it sold, but two people wanted it, so I agreed to do a commission with the same subject. I guess the water show will just have to wait.
Here is the initial stage of it. I used Caran D'Ache Spectracolor and Neocolor II's - both watercolor pencil/crayons, for the black background. I don't usually do this, but I was short on my black colored pencils, so figured I'd try it this time around. You can see how scribbly you can put down the watercolor pencil, which saves time, but then you get those pesky hard edges you have deal with throughout the piece which takes back some of that time.
& here's where I'm at now. Please forgive the photo distortion, it just adds to the lines that are actually off that I will be fixing!