Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tray Art 2 & a misprint


Well this tray art was much more time consuming than I thought! I went with Michael's advice and got an all purpose epoxy since one side was masonite and one side metal. It really seems to be sticking very well. I wouldn't try to hang on it though like that guy in the hard hat.
I painted out the rest of the tray with black paint and let it overlap the Pastelbord a bit, then I sprayed the whole thing with a clear coat. I need to do some touch ups, another coat of clear coat and it is ready to go!
MISPRINT!!
Unfortunately I had the wrong day written for my Open Studio Still-life class. It is on Mondays at 10 am and will be starting this coming up Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful, I wish I could paint like you do...

Carmel Campbell said...

Nicole,
You are truly very gifted. The tray is great. I am so glad you are back!
I do have a question about pastelboard. I noted you cut pieces to fit the tray. How to you cut pastelboard without damaging the surface.
thank you
Carmel

Anonymous said...

Too bad it's such a difficult process, because I bet those trays would be 'best sellers'. Way too pretty to serve drinks on!