Thursday, October 16, 2008

Experimental Wisdom 2



I am taking a midday break, having to stand while working on this is taking a bit more out of me than usual. I moved my table out away from the wall and leaned against the wall while working which helped.

An Anonymous commenter asked what colors I used for the face so instead of typing them in, here is a photograph of them. If you are familiar with Polychromos, you should be able to make out the colors I think. If not, I didn't use anything unusual for me so you can search my blog for past skintone colors that look similar.


Yesterday when opening my web browser, which defaults to a news page, I was surprised to see a picture of my town Keene, NH with the heading "America's Most And Least Vulnerable Towns." Surprisingly Keene, NH ranked #3 in the LEAST vulnerable towns to the current economic crisis from a study of over 100 small cities and towns in the US by Forbes magazine.

People must have liked hearing that news because I've been stopping at Starbucks every morning for the past month (I received a $100 gift certificate for my birthday and I am stretching it out). I have been the only one in line or just one other every day for weeks, BUT today there were 9 people in the Starbucks drive-thru line! I guess people feel like they can afford a latte in Keene, NH this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Following this with awe! lovely:)

April Jarocka said...

Wow. Just beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it develop. Mind if i follow your blog?

Marsha Robinett said...

Nicole,
This is beautiful. I will be watching for the finished work. Love the composition..well done.

You have such talent, thanks for sharing. Seeing a work progress is exciting.

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Nicole, how do you transfer your line drawing on to the Fisher paper?

Ann

Kim Johnston said...

Hi Nicole, it's really beautiful! I've been thinking of all of you in America and on that note I'd like to say hang in there and carry on doing the fantastic work that you do!

Unknown said...

Thanks Everyone!

Welcome April!

Ann, I either freehand with a light touch or I use my projector.