Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shiver Update... again


Woo.... this thing is big so it is taking a while just to fill in parts! The jacket I want as mostly a big dark shape... with a bit of suggestion of color/form on the right side. I'll leave it now until the background is in to determine if I need any more details on it. 

Regarding the background - I'm going to lift the trees up some to create larger shapes on the bottom of the composition. I think it will keep the viewer focused on the figure more than if the trees went all the way down. I took so many photos that day of the different areas of woods/snow so I have plenty to look at for inspiration. 

I can't tell if the photo is accurate. It is the picture straight off of my camera (with a flash) and looks very foggy on my monitor. I desperately need to configure my laptop monitor though because everything looks foggy on it. This piece should look foggy by the way - just the degree of it I am wondering about!

2 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

Glad to see that you are able to get back to work. This is going to be another stunning piece! It looks beautiful already. :-)

Unknown said...

I so missed your updates Nicole.... I feel like you've invited me into your work space and I'm peeing over your shoulder in awe. Hugs!