Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ann Kullberg's new book!

Ann Kullberg has a great new book out called "Colored Pencil Secrets for Success" published by Northlight. It is a cool concept in itself. On her emagazine, Ann critiques somebody's work every month and is great at it (something I am working on myself!) so this book is kind of a continuation of that. She takes several drawings submitted to her and crits them. I really believe this is a great way to learn about art instead of following a bunch of rules - its like seeing art in action.

The surprising bit though is that Ann asked to have my work included in the "Still-Life Secrets Showcase" and said the nicest things about my work as well as printed it there for all to see. I have to admit I had trouble opening the book because I know that Pastelbord DOES NOT print well - the grain shows up so loud in printing - but when I got past that and read what Ann wrote about my work, I am very, very proud. :-)

here's a bit of what she wrote:
"Nicole Caulfield is a New Hampshire artist and a rapidly rising star in the colored pencil world. She is best known for her work on sanded surfaces, which give her images a distinct painterly look, but she is constantly experimenting with new supports."

&
"I have been a huge fan of Nicole's from the first time I laid eyes on her work. She seems to have unerring drafting skills and always handles aspects like concept, composition, color and shape with ease, grace and beauty."

Thanks so much Ann! You are an inspiration to me and including me in your book was a great honor! :-)

You all can purchase a book through Ann's site.

The winners of my hole-y giveaway - I finally sent them yesterday except to the person who hasn't given me their address yet! :-) Send it to me and I'll get the cherries out to you.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Congrats again, Nicole! This is great... :)

Veda said...

Congratulatons!!!!!!!a very well deserved one nicole!!!!

Veda

Kathy said...

Great job, Nicole!Nice to see cp artists from the New England CPSA chapter being published. More power to you!

Jan said...

How wonderful for you and you're very deserving of the recognition!

I just want to thank you again for the painting giveaway you did recently. I was one of the fortunate recipients and am absolutely thrilled!