Sunday, August 21, 2011

Moo Cards


I used to get postcards from Vistaprint and more recently business cards. I like the photo business cards better than postcards because I can carry them with me all the time in my wallet and give them out when a conversation about my art comes up. Although postcards are great, you can't carry them in your purse without them getting dogeared.

I started using Vistaprint because of their "free" deals that are always advertised on the web, but I have become increasingly disgusted with their business practices. If you don't watch every pre-checked box on the multiple offer pages you have to click through to check out, you risk being signed up for a "club" that automatically takes the $50  membership free from your credit card account. 

So after seeing my friend's mini moo cards I decided to try out www.moocards.com. Instead of making their money on seedy business practices, their business seems to be based on good design and quality cardstock. They also allow you to have several images printed in one box of  business cards. So as you can see above I paid for one box, but I made three designs. I just made my designs in photoshop using their template in a layer to make sure the bleed was right, and then uploaded the .jpg. 

I'm really happy with the quality of the cards/cardstock and definitely would recommended them. They may be more expensive than places like Vistaprint, but they seem to be committed to the product rather than the con. They also have a first time customer deal : http://moo.com/share/b8yqqc

If anyone wants one of new business cards - just send me an email at nicolecaulfield@gmail.com and I will pop one in the mail. If you want a specific design from above let me know or I will pick one randomly. 

6 comments:

Ester DurĂ£es said...

wow those are amazing, Nicole! your art looks beautiful in cars, I specially like the ones with the lemons ;)

Sue Clinker said...

thanks for the information... I've used Vistaprint for business cards, postcards, car window stickers and a couple of T shirts but am finding their website more and more confusing (maybe deliberately so) when trying to calculate prices.

I'll definitely have a look at Moo Cards. Yours look wonderful.

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Thanks for the info Nicole! I checked them out, and they look nice. Are they glossy or matte, or do you have a choice? The price is more than with Vista, which I currently use, but if I can get glossy for a good price, then it may be worth the change. I love your design, and I love the fact that you can use more than one design for one order (did I get that right?).

Nancy

Unknown said...

Ester do you want me to send you one?

Sue they soooo do that on purpose!

Nancy its not glossy. They describe it as "Matte Laminate, silky, faintly reflective." The key word is laminate - it almost feels like a plastic card! Want me to send you one to see?

Unknown said...

& yep you got that right. :-)

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Sure Nicole, I'd love one! Thank you very much! When we move, I'll be ordering new cards, so it will be nice to see what it really looks like and see the quality up close. AND it will be great to have something with your art on it!! :)

Nancy